Saturday, July 17, 2010

Background from Ashley's Words (sort of!)

I asked Ashely if I could start this blog for her. Of course, she gave me permission. If she didn't, you wouldn't be reading this! Well, I told her I would use her info. she had on Facebook at first to bring us all up to date, in a way. So, this is from Ashley's FB (somewhat edited!).
She wrote: I spit on cancer. I thought I should update this. Most of you know I have cancer since 2005. I have clear cell sarcoma; that is a soft tissue cancer located in my sacrum. I beat it the first time with chemo and was cancer free until 2009. I did chemo again, but it didn't work as well but my cancer didn't grow. March 2010, my MRI looked worse. So now I'm preparing to see if I will qualify for a clinical trial. In a weird way, I'm excited to be a part of this and to see the outcome. The first time I did chemo I was confident it would work, and I have the same feeling with this clinical drug. I hear that somebody is saying they think I have given up cause I keep to myself. HELLO!!! I have always kept to myself. Even in high school I didn't hang out with my friends but at school. I've never been into partying functions or so on. I'm the same as I was before cancer. I enjoy being a home body. I HAVE NOT GIVEN UP AND AM VERY POSITIVE. I wish others could do the same. God has a plan and I accept it.
That is from Ashley!

1 comment:

Sissy said...

I just wanted to let you know once again that I Love You and that I'm praying for you. You are such an inspiration to everyone who knows you. You are my Hero!! I Love You Little Girl!! OXOXOXOXOXOX