Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ashley's Passing

Dear Friends

Ashley’s battle with cancer ended this morning at 4am. Thank you for all your prayers through this five year battle. Ashley’s motto during this time was “I spit on cancer”. And while it may appear that the cancer won, today she is celebrating her victory with her Lord, in a place she described yesterday as a beautiful place to go to. Today she is no longer spitting on cancer but celebrating life with our Savior.

Again, thank you for all your support and prayers.

Love

Lenwood and Kathy

Psalms 27:1-4 - The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart is broken at the passing of my sweet beautiful niece. She was such a trooper. She is no longer suffering in pain and she has passed into the presence of her Saviour. Also, she is seeing those who have passed before her. My husband Tony called her Shortcake and I can here him now saying welcome into Heaven Shortcake. Please continue to pray for her mom, Dad, Lee, Shawn, Brandy,her nieces and nephews,her aunts and uncles and cousins. We will miss you Shortcake but I will see you again. Psalms 23

Anonymous said...

Well, Ashley has now done what we all long to do one day...be wrapped in the arms of Jesus. May she truly rest in peace now. Brandy, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers through these difficult days. Love ya girl, Amy Reid

Paula said...

We're praying for your family. Ashley touched so many lives with her spirit and her courage, and I know your loss is great.

We love you,
"Brother", Paula
Jordan,& Taylor

1 Peter 5:7

Joyce said...

May God's strength hold you and comfort your broken hearts each day. I'm praying for you and keeping you wrapped in thoughts to carry you with each step I'll take along my pathways. May the memories you cherish give wealth to rest of your living and enrich your lives forever. Tears are good, God created those for we are told that Jesus for his loved ones also. That wasn't the end of that story for He also bid the STONE BE ROLLED AWAY! Thus we all know that this too shall happen to each of us! I LOVE YOU all dear family members. May God hold you close and meet your every need this and every day. Love, Joyce

pam mazur said...

soooo sorry to hear the terrible news...mom just called...i just can't imagine as a parent; atleast you know she is with the Lord and her grandfather and uncle clyde was waiting on her!

Prayers heading your way....you're Georgia cousin's.

Pam & Margaret.